SM DISTRIBUTES PPES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES TO OVER 50 HOSPITALS NATIONWIDE
MARCH 30, 2020
Through SM Foundation, SM is donating over P170 million towards the fight against COVID-19, surpassing its initial allocation of PhP 100 million, to help ensure:
- Healthcare workers in hospitals nationwide are armored with personal protective equipment (PPEs)—full protective suits (including for ICU use), face shields, gloves, N95 masks, surgical masks, goggles, and including raincoats as requested by some hospitals as back-up alternatives.
- Testing is made more widely available, by supporting and donating the local Manila Healthtek test kits developed by the UP-NIH team (upon DOH approval), providing the testing needs of RITM, and donating FDA-approved PCR kits sourced from Korea.
- Providing ICU-grade ventilators to help hospitals manage patients with severe cases.
Medical supplies were delivered to frontliners at the Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center—thank you for your hard work and bravery.
Among the hospitals that received PPE donations as of March 27, 2020, are the following designated COVID-19 hospitals:
- University of the Philippines PGH
- Lung Center of the Philippines
- Jose N. Rodriguez Memorial Hospital
Major government hospitals:
- Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM)
- National Kidney and Transplant Institute
- San Lazaro Hospital
- East Avenue Medical Center
- Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center
- Philippine Heart Center
- National Children’s Hospital
- Rizal Medical Center
Additional ventilators were delivered to frontliners at the Philippine General Hospital—thank you for keeping us safe.
Other hospitals include, the Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital, Chinese General Hospital, University of the East Ramon Magsaysay (UERM) Memorial Medical Center, Manila Doctors Hospital, University of Sto. Tomas Hospital, Makati Medical Center, The Medical City, Ospital ng Muntinlupa, and more.
Several shipments of PPEs are also on their way to provincial hospitals nationwide, including Rizal, Pampanga, Bataan, Quezon, Pangasinan, Catanduanes, Cebu, Iloilo, Samar, Tacloban, Surigao del Sur, Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Marawi, Zamboanga, and more.
New batches of medical supplies have arrived and are ready to be delivered to hospitals nationwide.
SM has committed to be of service to the Filipino public, its hospitals, and its government, in ensuring that we all contain and overcome the COVID-19 crisis together.
About: The SM Store is the Philippines’ largest department store chain with several branches nationwide. Since our first store opened in 1958, The SM Store has been a long-time favorite one-stop-shop with the best product variety, shopping convenience, and value for money. We offer a great selection of menswear, womenswear, children's wear, all kinds of beauty products, and things for the home. You can also find stationery, electronic gadgets, snacks, toys, hardware, and fun Philippine souvenirs here.